Yes, Please by Amy Poehler – A Book Review
Two books read this month. I think I’m catching the reading bug. It’s so much fun when the books are not business related.
Yes Please Book Review
I started reading thinking that my ADD was going to make me read just a couple of pages a day. That’s what usually happens. But not with Yes, Please by Amy Poehler. I couldn’t put down the book. It was that good.
It has a little bit of “guest posting” a lot of experiences from childhood and of course her career as a comedian. Great one liners too!
My biggest takeaway: It’s okay to dream but you have to put in the work, the doing, ready or not.
Quotes I loved:
- “That is the motto women should constantly repeat over and over again. Good for her! Not for me.”
- “Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it. Doing what you’re afraid of, getting out of your comfort zone, taking risks like that- that’s what life is. You might be really good. You might find out something about yourself that’s really special and if you’re not good, who cares? You tried something. Now you know something about yourself”
- “You do it because the doing of it is the thing. The doing is the thing. The talking and worrying and thinking is not the thing.”
- “Decide what your currency is early. Let go of what you will never have. People who do this are happier and sexier.”
- “Saying “yes” doesn’t mean I don’t know how to say no, and saying “please” doesn’t mean I am waiting for permission.”
- “I think if you can dance and be free and not embarrassed you can rule the world.”