White Chocolate Mint Cupcake Recipe
Our family loves white chocolate! We’ll have it any way we can get it, no matter if it’s as hot chocolate or as in this White Chocolate Mint Cupcake recipe.
These are easy to prepare and oh, so delicious that you’ll have to restrain yourself from having only one.
- <b>For Cupcakes:</b>
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- <b>For Frosting:</b>
- 6oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- <b>To make the White Chocolate Cupcakes,</b> preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- Melt white chocolate chips in glass mixing bowl in microwave. This will take about a minute. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir. Set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (and the white chocolate!) in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each cupake liner. This will make 22-24 cupcakes.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- <b>To make the White Chocolate Mint Frosting,</b> melt white chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth, set aside. Beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer on slow speed until well combined.
- Add melted white chocolate, extract, and sugar, and blend on low speed for about 30 seconds. Continue adding sugar until frosting reaches your desired consistency.
Frosting Recipe from the Cupcake Doctor – get the book on Amazon!0