What a year 2015 was! For me, 2015 really was THE year for personal growth. It was also the year of caring for my family first.
It wasn’t until 2015 that I got really serious about running. I’m blessed that my husband is uber supportive and even he has jumped in the walking/running outdoors bandwagon!
With my sisters and family support the Niagara Falls International Half Marathon will forever be my first half. This was such a fantastic experience. It really proved that I could go the distance and being able to meet goals.
2015 also brought my little sister to being part of our inner circle and home. It has been a fun experience to see her adapt to her new routine.
Now, let’s talk about 2016.
My guiding words are: Service, Improve, and Anew.
What I’ve learn is that this journey is all about progress, not perfection. And, that’s what I’m craving for this new year. My first word is service as it’s what my heart desires to do. Serve my community.
Improve is all about my running. I did my first half marathon with a time of 3:40 and definitely want to do better my time this year. I will be thrilled to run a half marathon in December under 3 hours.
Last but not least, Anew. This is the word I’m most excited about. Its definition is: “in a new or different, typically more positive, way”. This is also my theme for 2016.
In supporting my husband’s dreams, we will be making some adjustments and I’ll be sure to add some cool adventures to the list. I know I’m moving quickly through this post but I really, really want to start documenting my 2016.
I don’t want to think of these as goals but more as challenges to finish this year.
1. Read two business/non-fiction books a month.
2. Complete a half marathon per quarter. Hopefully, I will be able to run a little faster each time.
3. Have an overnight date with the hubster every quarter.
4. Fly to Puerto Rico and run a race with my running support group.
5. Launch the SavvyMujer Alliance ecourses to help other content creators like me. This is something that has been on my mind for too long and I feel like I’m ready to serve. (There’s one of my words again.)
6. Go forward with a project to motivate others to walk or run for their health while having a fundraising element to help a couple of causes near and dear to my heart with the Run Fierce branding.
7. Read one business/non-fiction book a month.
8. Log 750 miles in the Nike+ Running app. This will help with the weight loss. In 2015 I did close to 500 miles. This one will feel so good to check complete!
9. Try one new activity a month.
10. Don’t forget to smile often!0