This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
This summer has been jam-packed with fulfilling family experiences, but it’s time to get back to our regular routine.
Now that my sister has started her studies at the University of Buffalo, it’s time to create a new experience with her: tailgating. Football season (and college football for that matter) is here and with it, we can share with her one of our favorite tailgate recipes. This is all new to her since we don’t do much football in Puerto Rico.
To make her first at-home game more memorable, I knew we needed a knock your socks off recipe! What better way to do it than using some delicious El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce. That’s how this Spicy Mojo Chicken + Pork Pinchos was born.
To start this tailgate delicacy we need to prepare the mojo marinade. This is our secret for flavorful kabobs. Puerto Rican mojo is citrus based and so easy to prepare. This will give a fantastic flavor to the meat!
In this recipe, we used just 2 tablespoons of hot sauce because my sister doesn’t like spicy foods that much. This gives just enough “bite” or spiciness for her taste. If your family and friends like spicy foods, then go ahead and add one more tablespoon of hot sauce 😉
Once the marinade is ready and the meat has been cut, I recommend you leave it in the refrigerator overnight to give the meat the best flavor although leaving it a minimum of four hours will do the trick as well. We used half the marinade for the pork and half the marinade for the chicken.
Glad I had the camera ready when I saw this happen:
He loved this marinade!
El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce is made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings. What we love about this hot sauce is that is has far less vinegar than the average hot sauce!
Now, to make the chicken pinchos even better for my sister, I wrapped them in prosciutto. This is one of my sisters favorite so I obliged when she ask for it.
Now we are ready to tailgate!
We were so excited and then my sister had too much work to finish and we had to stay home… so we tailgated at home.
Best part, you can find El Yucateco Hot Sauces at your local Walmart’s International Foods aisle! (They were out of my favorite: El Yucateco Black Label Habanero Hot Sauce) but we score some green and red habanero sauces.
- For the mojo marinade:
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (1 big navel orange)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons El Yucateco Green Habanero Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 pork boneless country style ribs
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 resealable bags
- 8 wooden skewers
- 8 pieces of aluminum foil
- Pulse the garlic and onion in a blender until very finely chopped.
- Pour all other ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cut the pork ribs in fourths.
- Cut the chicken thighs in four strips.
- Put the pork in one bag and the chicken in another bag.
- Pour half the marinade in each bag.
- Let it refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight if time is on your side.
- Once the time has passed, thread the meats onto skewers and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
- Grill pinchos for one hour, turning them every 15 minutes.
When everything was set and done, we had a fantastic time. My sister knows what tailgating is all about and hubby got to enjoy pinchos! Win-win all around, score!
Now it’s your turn, What is your favorite recipe with El Yucateco Hot Sauce to tailgate?2