Mozzarella Mac & Cheese
There are times that as much as I would love to prepare an elaborate dinner, I just don’t have time to be in the kitchen. That’s when this Mozzarella Mac & Cheese recipe comes in to save the day!
This recipe can be put together in no time and it’s perfect for a diet cheat day 😉 Moderation is the key!
- 1 Package Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ½ Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Parmesan (to top)
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- Melt Butter and Olive Oil in a medium size saucepan over medium heat
- Sprinkle in Flour and mix to create a rue.
- Allow Flour to cook through for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in Milk, Garlic, Salt and Pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- One handful at a time, mix in Mozzarella Cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss over Pasta and top with Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese.