Cocktail Time: Mango Mai Tai
I wanted to experiment with rum to make cocktail time with friends much more than just a Cuba Libre. With all those flavored rums out there, I thought that trying something new with mango rum would be a good start. That’s how this Mango Mai Tai recipe was born!
Looking for a not overly sweet drink, I remember a Mai Tai we had on the last night of our recent Puerto Rico trip. It was refreshing, but I felt like it was missing something. Well, that something was the mango!
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz mango rum
- 1 oz amaretto liqueur
- 2 oz orange juice
- 2 oz mango juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 dash grenadine syrup
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Pour in rums and amaretto.
- Fill remainder of shaker with the orange, mango and pineapple juice.
- Shake until well-blended, then pour into two 8oz rocks glasses.
- Add a splash of grenadine for color.