How we are preparing for summer
Can you tell? We love summer! There are so many outdoors activities on the calendar and get-togethers with friends and family to enjoy. Best of all is the opening of our local farmers market!
That said, we try our best to spend the least amount of time in the kitchen. We want to be in and out in minutes.
5 tips to be “kitchen ready” for summer
1. As soon as you get back from the grocery store, that’s the perfect time to separate meats by meals. Use a resealable freezer bag to have the meats handy for every day of the week. Do the same with fruits and produce and set in the refrigerator.
2. If you love grilling as much as we do, make sure the grill is ready for action. Local hardware stores should have summer sales for charcoal or gas tank refills.
3. Disposable silverware and plates are your friends. Don’t think of this as an expense but an investment in having more time to make new memories with the family. So much better than having to load the dishwasher!
4. Do you love seafood as well? We love having it during the summer, not so much having to do the cleanup afterward (the kitchen is always smelly after cooking fish). Our best tip is to use Glad® OdorShield® Gain™ Original Scent with Febreze® trash bags because their 5-day Odor Control guarantee rocks! For real, even the most perceptive noses (we all have one of them in the family) won’t notice the trash. Goodbye vinegar!
Print your coupon now!
$2 off any one Glad Odorshield Trash Bags (15ct. and higher)
5. Forget perfection and embrace potlucks! Summer is for creating memories. When having friends over suggest everyone bring their favorite summer dish. Not only it takes care of peaky eaters it saves you time from the kitchen.
If you catch our drift, this is our summer of embracing memories and we will do everything in our power to spend time in what matters to us and less time doing clean up in the kitchen 😉
Enjoyed the tips? What’s your best-kept secret to be kitchen ready this summer? Share with us in the comments.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad. The opinions and text are all mine.