Homemade Paleo Tortilla Chips
Do you crave salty snacks? We do all the time. Now, that we have recommitted to eating better eating regular tortilla chips is out of the question.
I’ve seen a bunch of recipes done with almond flour but I only had almond meal (which really, it just means it was coarsely ground) and the other main ingredient eggs.
What I love and think you’ll love too is that you can change the spices you use to make it your own. Interchange the garlic salt for onion salt, sure. Switch ground cayenne pepper or ground chipotle pepper instead of the paprika. Make them your own!
Just so you know, I used Bob’s Red Mill almond meal flour.
Also, the thinner you can roll the dough the more crispy they’ll get otherwise, it’s more like having pita chips (and nothing wrong with that either).
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and combine until they form an uniform dough.
- Spray two pieces of parchment paper with coconut oil spray.
- Roll out the dough between the parchment paper, as thinly and evenly as possible.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper.
- Cut the dough into desired shapes for chips. I get about 12-14 chips.
- Put the parchment paper with the chips onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Break apart the chips carefully.
- Enjoy with some guac!