Grilled Pesto Stuffed Pork Chops
There’s no secret we take any and every opportunity to grill. It’s our way to have good food and decompress after a long week of work.
We love the versatility of pork chops. They almost go with anything. The stuffing for this recipe is like a his and hers. He loves blue cheese and I like pesto so it was perfect!
Although we used a charcoal grill, if you have a access to a gas grill then preheat the burners, then turn off 1 or more of the burners to create a cooler zone. Don’t forget to brush and oil the grill grate.
- 4 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 1 1/2″ thick)
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 8 pre-soaked toothpicks
- In a mixing bowl, add the blue cheese and pesto. Mix well. Set aside.
- Cut horizontal pockets in each pork chop.
- Stuff each pork chop with 1/4 of the mix and pinch with two toothpicks.
- Season with the garlic salt and pepper each pork chop.
- Prepare a charcoal grill for indirect grilling over medium heat (the temperature inside the grill should be 350° to 375°F.)
- Place the pork chops on the grill over the direct-heat area and sear, turning once, until nicely grill-marked on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Move the chops to the indirect-heat area and cover the grill.
- Cook until the chops are somewhat firm to the touch or until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a chop, registers 145°F, about 15 minutes more for medium.