Gobble Gobble Gumdrop Turkey
Thanksgiving Day is almost here! If you have been looking for some fun crafts to do with the kids, look no further than this Gobble Gobble Gumdrop Turkey. It is so easy to make, and you can whip one up using a variety of dollar store materials. To make this frugal and festive craft, take a look below! It is a Thanksgiving kid’s craft that your own little turkeys are sure to love.
Supplies needed for Gobble Gobble Gumdrop Turkey:
- Foam ball
- Assorted gumdrops
- Pom Poms
- Googly eyes
- Construction paper
- Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by cutting 1/3 of your foam ball off. You want a flat front surface for your head of your turkey, so take a knife and cut it right off.
2. Now begin applying hot glue generously to the back or rounded side of the ball. You can apply one patch at a time, pressing gumdrops to the hot glue as you go. Press firmly and hold for several seconds so you can be sure the gumdrops have had the chance to adhere.
3. Continue this process until the back side of the ball are filled in. These will act as your “tail feathers” of your turkey and add quite a pop of color.
4. On the flat surface, you want to glue on two pom poms. Glue on one brown one for the head and one red one underneath it for the gobbler.
5. Assemble the face on your turkey. Glue on two googly eyes, and from your construction paper cut a triangle for a beak.
That’s all there is to it! These will look adorable when used as Thanksgiving Day place settings, or you can use them in your holiday décor. Whichever way you decide to use them, these grateful little gobblers are sure to add some fun to your Thanksgiving season. So head to your local dollar store and grab the supplies you need to make your own!0