Feta & Chives Deviled Eggs Recipe
My husband is obsessed with deviled eggs! It’s his favorite request every time we visit the family. I’m not crazy about them like him but from time to time I make them as to have a “fancy” snack after going for a run.
We love feta cheese. On top of green beans, pork chops… almost anywhere, really. So it was a no brainer for us to add feta crumbles to our mixture for the deviled eggs. This recipe yields 12 snacks but if your spouse love them as much as mine go ahead and just double the recipe 😉
Oh, one more thing, there’s no paprika on this one. You’re welcome!
So, how do you make feta deviled eggs?
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper and garlic salt (if needed)
- Put the eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover the eggs with cold water enough that there’s about one inch of water over the eggs.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, and let the eggs rest for 15 minutes.
- Let the eggs cool in a bowl of ice and water.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the the yolks and add them in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks.
- Mix and mash until completely smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. (The feta cheese is salty so you might not need to add more salt.)
- Using a spoon or piping bag (I use a small resealable bag), fill the egg-white halves with the mixture and serve immediately.