I’ve been looking for ways to decorate our house for Christmas. Well in our house we ALWAYS have empty milk jugs so I decided to find a way to use them in our decorating. With a little help from the Dollar Tree store these cute milk jug snowmen are perfect addition for your porch Christmas decoration.
What you will need to make your milk jug snowmen:
- Elmer’s glue
- A little water
- A paint brush
- White tissue paper
- And whatever materials you would like to use for the mouth, eyes, nose and buttons
(I used pipe cleaners with colored beads on them for the mouth, eyes and nose. For the buttons I used the tops of acorns
that I found out in our front yard)
Let’s put together the snowmen!
- I took regular Elmer’s glue, dumped it into a bowl and added a bit of water to it.
- I brushed the water/glue mixture all over the milk jug.
- I tore the tissue paper in to decent size pieces and put them over the milk jug and brushed another layer of the
- water/glue mixture over that. After that dried I took a drill and put small holes in the places where I wanted the
- eyes, nose and the ends of the mouth. I then placed the pipe cleaner with the beads on it in the holes. I used regular Elmer’s glue and glued on the acorns.
- I cut a hole in the back where I placed rocks inside so they don’t blow away and used a string of lights
- I got from Dollar Tree and put them in the jug to light it up.
My friend’s kids had fun helping me make these and were so excited to see them all lit up on our front porch.0