Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treats
After spending time with friends and sharing at the LATISM & Blogalicious conferences all I had in mind was to get cooking! If there’s something I love (in moderation, of course) are these Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treats.
They are always a hit! Me thinks, it’s bringing back those childhood memories. This time we used dark chocolate chips for dipping the treats however, you can use any flavor you like. That’s the beauty of this recipe.
Use orange sprinkles and these can become Halloween treats, use white chocolate chips and red sprinkles and you’re set for Valetines day. Red and green sprinkles and they are perfect for the holiday season. Let your imagination go wild and bring the kids to the kitchen. That way they can start appreciating preparing recipes and cooking 😉
- For the Rice Krispies:
- 1/4 c butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- For dipping:
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Sprinkles and Sixlets
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Add in mini marshmallows, stirring until completely melted.
- Remove from heat after well combined.
- Add cereal.
- Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly in buttered 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cool, then cut into 2 x 2 inch squares.
- In a small deep bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave at 20 second intervals.
- Stir after each interval until the dark chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip Rice Krispies in chocolate and then add sprinkles immediately.
- Allow to sit for about 15 minutes until hardened.