Huevos rancheros is one of our favorite breakfast foods. So are hashbrown potatoes. This is the perfect marriage to have breakfast for dinner (or brunch).
The family was so intrigued when I told them about this recipe. My sister dubbed it the Six layer tostada while my husband called them wonderful on a tortilla. Either way, this recipe was Broadway hit! (If there was such a thing for recipes.)
First, don’t forget and take advantage of this coupon (the word coupon always makes me smile) Once you have prepared the Cheesy Hashbrowns according to Hamburger Helper®’s instructions we are on our way to an easy dinner. It’s time to build our stuffed huevos rancheros!
- 1 box of Hamburger Helper® Cheesy Hashbrowns
- 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef (we are using an extra 1/2 pound for this recipe)
- 1 2/3 cup of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 8 eggs
- vegetable oil spray
- 8 tortillas
- 4 bacon strips, crumbled
- 1 can organic refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salsa, optional
- Prepare the Hamburger Helper® Cheesy Hashbrowns as directed in the package.
- Turn on oven to 200 degrees.
- Fry eggs and set in oven while you cook them all.
- Heat tortillas according to it’s packaging.
- Build your stuffed huevos rancheros following these layers. Start with the tortillas then refried beans, cheesy hashbrowns, egg, cheese, bacon and salsa.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hamburger Helper® . The opinions and text are all mine.1