Bacon Rockin Guac Deviled Eggs
The hubby has been
nagging me requesting deviled eggs. It’s one of his favorites! Of course, after telling him “yes dear”, my mind started racing thinking about how could I make them more us, more bicultural. After looking at Rotel Rockin Guacamole recipe it click. We needed bacon guacamole deviled eggs!
For this, we went to Walmart to check out their Produce department. I was so happy… so many choices, being able to pick my own produce. They even had green plantains and yucca! Everything looked so fresh that it made me start a shopping list with a few meals we are definitely adding to our meal plan for next week with Walmart Produce.
Because spicy food is not my thing, we went with the Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilles Mild as my salsa for the guacamole mix. If your family likes spicy, by all means upgrade to the original or hot variety!
We had some of the mix left so we used it as a spread over toasts. Before I forget, the only problem you’ll have is that these will disappear almost as fast as you serve them 😉
- 3 strips Bacon
- 6 large eggs, boiled, cooled, peeled
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 can (5oz) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilles, mild
- juice of half a lime
- Pinch paprika or chipotle pepper
- Cook the bacon and crumble.
- Cut each egg in half.
- In a food processor, add the avocado.
- Scoop out the yolks and add to food processor.
- Add the onion, rotel and the juice of the half lime as well.
- Turn on food processor on low until all ingredients are mixed, with my little food processor it takes about 45 seconds. (I do this so I don’t have big pieces in the mix. You can mash all in a mixing bowl if you prefer.)
- Spoon the mix into the eggs.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and the pinch of paprika.