(Note: The links in this post are affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.)
One of the dishes that I miss the most this Puerto Rican arroz con salchichas which is in my Top 5 favorite dishes.
It’s one that I haven’t done before, only because I feel like if you don’t have Puerto Rican Vienna sausages (like Carmela, for example) then it’s not a proper rice dish. I know, I know, you’re thinking sausages are sausages and you’re right although, my perspective is more about the great memories this dish brings than the “where it did come from” question.
- Slice in thirds the vienna sausages.
- On a medium size pot over medium heat add sofrito and vienna sausages. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the sazón, bouillion, salt and the salchichas liquid and water to the pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Rinse the rice well (or not, your choice, no judgement here) and add it to the ingredients in the pot. Stir well.
- Let the rice dry out (almost completely.) Once it's dry out, put a lid on, lower the heat to low and give it 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!