My 12 goals and 3 words for 2014
Really can’t complaint. 2013 was fabulous! Now, it’s time to set some goals aside the usual “I want to grow the blog. Let’s go to the next level.” I want these goals to be purposeful.
Do you pick a word or 3 to motivate you or guide you throughout the year? This, I learned from Chris Brogan, you can check out here his 3 words for 2013 (he hasn’t published his 3 words for 2014 yet.)
I picked Irresistible, Distance, and Rituals.
First, I love that is the same spelling, the same meaning word in English or Spanish!
2014 is our 10th year wedding anniversary and of course out of vanity and to keep things caliente at home, I want to be irresistible for my husband! Also, the word applies to business. If you (or your blogs) are irresistible, then it makes things easier to grow the business.
Distance will be my metaphor to running further, accomplishing my goals and intentions set for a marvelous 2014.
And rituals. I guess I could have used systems or habits instead of rituals. I really like the spiritual tone I get from the word. It’s a more positive word for me to implement changes to lead a healthier life, a more intentional life and to welcome help to grow the business.
Now, to get there these are my 12 goals for 2014:
1. Run a 5k.
2. Go forward with a project to motivate others to walk or run for their health while having a fundraising element to help a couple of causes near and dear to my heart.
3. Run the Puerto Rico Half Marathon.
4. Read one business/non-fiction book a month.
5. Surprise the husband with the trip of a lifetime (or at least one to remember until our 15th anniversary!)
6. Log 1,000 miles in the Nike+ Running app. This will help with the weight loss.
7. Listen to 12 audiobooks.
8. Run a 10k.
9. Have a monthly date night.
10. Write at least 4 ebook guides.
11. Start an accountability group for health & business minded folks.
12. Run another half marathon.0